Visiting an island by boat - To Tiengemeten on the Linquenda II

During the summer the Linquenda II boat that travels to the island of Tiengemeten.  The weather had foiled my plans weeks earlier but on this perfect Sunday morning, the trip was back on.  My bike was loaded onto the boat and we were off for a 1 1/2 hour trip.  Tiengemeten is a small island with a single road running through it used mostly for biking, walking and the occasional vehicle.  The bike ride was pleasantly solitary.  We saw grazing horses and lazy cows napping in the sun.  But the calm came to an end when we where eye to eye with a bull and his friends.  They were blocking the walking path and wouldn't budge out of the way.  Other people walked around them but I'm too scared of big beasts, especially ones with pointy horns, so that was the end of my serene walk. On the boat ride back, the sun made the water shimmer so bright that it was blinding and I had to look away and up into the sky where I reverted to the fun and simple passtime of making out shapes in the clouds



Comments

Popular Posts