Happy Birthday to Me & Summer Creations

This summer has been pretty productive as far as dress making so I decided to finally take pictures of them. I'm using a dressform but it has a smaller waist and broader shoulders than I do so she and I aren't identical. Still it's easier to take pictures of the dressform than of myself. I had a mini photo shoot this morning with all the new finished sewing projects for this summer.

I wore this dress for a bbq a friend was having. It's a super mini dress. Luckily it doesn't ride up. I wore it with tall suede boots. I'm really comfortable in short dresses so it was exactly what I wanted. I had very little fabric so I feel like I didn't do much to make this dress. It already had a shape to it and I didn't even have to cut much off. Granted it's a bit shapeless, sort of like a tapered pillowcase but I like the fit and the pattern.
The dress torso looks longer in this picture. When I wore it I pulled it out of the dress a lot more so it looked slouchier.This next dress I made originally for the bbq I wore the short dress to but I couldn't finish it in time so I wore it go wine tasting in Santa Barbara for my bithday. The picture isn't very clear but you can see the how beautiful the vineyard is. It's the only picture I have of me wearing the dress.
My favorite part is the neck line. I love the "v" and the gathering in the front.

I have to say that this dress looks the same worn as it does on the dressform.
This is what I made for my birthday dinner last night. I made the skirt, not the tank. I was able to finish make the skirt from scratch in about 3 hours. I was stressed out towards the end because it was almost dinner time and I could have easily used another 30 min but I'm still happy with how it looked. My only complaint was that the fabric was really hard to press so it doesn't look as crisp as I would have liked.
This tank top was the inspiration behind the skirt. I loved the yellow and thought that a puffy dressy skirt would look good with a casual tank. This looks exactly how I imagined it would so I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out.
You can see the pencil marks where I marked the pleats. I really hope this comes off in the wash.

Comments

White Flower said…
Love the green dress. Kudos!

Popular Posts