The dress I didn't make

I wish I could be self sustaining: growing my own food, doing my own home repairs, fixing my own car & cutting my own hair. I have tried each one of these with disastrous results. Plants die when I touch them, curtain rods fall down when I try to put them up, my car still won't start after I lifted the hood and I look like Raggedy Ann when I've taken scissors to my own mop. The one thing that I have been mildly successful at is making my own clothes. To clarify, I am able to use a sewing machine just fine to make clothes that actually fit...however, that doesn't mean that I have any taste in what I actually make.

There are other people that do have taste. And skill. And a good eye for style. Oh Rensz at The Dress I Made how I envy you. I won't be outfitting my entire wardrobe with self-made items, but I am definitely planning on using up the yards-and-yards of fabric I've accumulated. I think my major road block has to do with pattern drafting. I know it's just a matter of putting pencil to paper...and having that eraser ready!

Comments

Popular Posts