Still a good 1st minute of 2008!!!

This is the first day of the rest of my life!!! It really feels like it. Or maybe I just want it to be. Last night (Dec 31 11pm) I decided I didn't want to stay home alone as planned (I'm scared of drunk drivers and over-hyped New Year's parties). So at 11:15pm I got into my car and headed to my mom's house 15min away. Because of all of the Rose Parade overnight campers in Old Town Pasadena, there were tons of freeway detours. I ended up ringing in the New Year in my car all alone!!! The thing that saved me was that I made it to my mom's house less than one minute later so at least SOME of the 12:00am minute got a kiss and hug!

As to why I'm so excited about today being the first day of the rest of my life actually has nothing to do with today being January 1, 2008. It could have been any other random day off. I spent my day doing stuff I've never done before. I suddenly have new inspiration to work on some projects and dust off the cobwebs in my brain in order to be more creative. Fine, so making bibs for my sister's baby doesn't sound grand, but he drools.....and needs them. If I don't have a time deadline as pressure I never get anything started! I just hope I finish them before he realizes all he needs to do is close his mouth in order to stop drooling.

Comments

Popular Posts